Sunday, August 15, 2010

Taking "The" Plunge!

OK, I finally caved in and opened up a Facebook page...Yes, I can be coerced into doing things, but don't spread that around, I have an image to uphold.

I decided yesterday to see what all the fuss is about, and so I created an account, filled out all the required information, and even figured out how to put my picture up...if that doesn't scare away potential friends I don't know what will.

Facebook really doesn't make it easy on a fella with limited computer skills to figure out everything that needs to be done to control the information you want others to see, or not see.  By the time I finished, I was already wondering "what the hell have I done".

I no sooner get logged on, when people are already taking pot shots at me(yeah Smith I'm talking about you, and some of my family members) about joining, and then... all of a sudden I'm getting "friend request", which I guess is good, but that leads me to another dilemma...Do I want just anyone for a friend on here, and will it hurt someones feelings if I ignore them, is it going to cause a cyber war of great proportion, will the earth reverse its axis?  Lordy, that's a lot to deal with don't you think? I guess I will just have to play the friend thing by ear, and take it on a friend or no-friend situation, depending on if it's a full moon that night or not.

I can see why so many people are caught up in this, and become addicted to logging on and checking out their pages along with their friends pages, and friends of friends pages...it's because "THEY ARE INHERENTLY NOSY!"  Yes people, I said it, because "The Truth Will Set You Free" Can I get an Amen here!  So just admit it, it won't hurt, just repeat after me....I'm nosy.  Heck I'll be the first to admit that fact...that's the only reason I joined.

Since I'm now a full fledged Facebook person...feel free to look at my page, send me an invite(but remember what I said about a Full Moon), take pot shots at me...but DON'T even think about trying to get me involved in the Farmville hysteria, or any other game on there that takes dedicating 40 hours a week, and having to beg for items, or animals of any kind....It just ain't going to happen!

With all this said, I look forward to meeting up with some friends from the past, and making new friends...hoping that this will be a fun experience, and if not, there's always the deactivate account button...lol

1 comment:

  1. You're batting a thousand. I've LOL'ed at ALL of your posts so far. Love it!

    ReplyDelete