Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Do Your Really Want To Make A Million?

Wow, now that's a loaded question, don't you think? If you say "yes" then you're setting yourself up for possible disappointment, and if you say "no", then you're going to look lazy, unmotivated, or just down-right dumb! Since I'm retired, I can go either way...


Trying to find a way to make money online has become somewhat of a real quest for me, and a lot of others looking to make a few bucks...It must be easy I thought, all you need to do is type in any arrangement of words to describe "making money online", and Ole, you can find the good old reliable..."Make A Million" headline staring you in the face, but one little side note...there is always a disclaimer stating that it's not a get rich quick business...NOW IMAGINE THAT!


Heck if I'm going to make a Million then I want it quick...and I only want to spend 2 hours a day on filling in the blanks, and be able to work from my vacation palace in the Bahamas, or my winter home up in Aspen...geesh, I mean who wants to be overworked making all this money...OH Wait! the ad already specifies I can do all these things...silly me, guess I need to pay closer attention.

I love it when you receive an email, or open a link and they want your name, addy, and phone number...well if you were like me at first...I just typed it in and gave them an open door to flood me with all kinds of wonderful money making opportunities...YEAH RIGHT! 

Spam, spam, and more spam...what a great word, reminds me of when I was a kid...open the can with the twist off key, look in at that meat (or whatever it was) all compacted together, and thinking how maybe it might come out tasting like a ham sandwich...NOT!  Well its the same premise...open the email to an unbelievable opportunity...I mean I know it must be because that's what it says, ( surely they don't lie) only to find out that this "Guru" wants more money to get this fantastic business started then the last guy.

The long and short of it is, I think my quest is just about run its course. I don't care that I'm not going to make a million on the net...I don't care if the Guru's have all the answers, and live in these wonderful mansions, or have expensive cars(I'm a truck kind of guy anyway), or that it only takes them 2 hours a day to reach their financial goals...I think I will just stick to being retired, maybe find a part time job, and continue to just hit the delete button when I see these great opportunities in my inbox. It does put me on a power trip knowing that I can just push that button, and zoom, straight into the trash bin the Guru, and his million go...

Just my two cents on becoming a rich and famous Internet million dollar Guru.




No comments:

Post a Comment