Monday, August 9, 2010

Is It Time To Facebook?

Big decisions are made in haste sometimes, but not this one.  To Facebook or Not To Facebook...that is the question!

Most of my family, and a lot of my friends have Facebook pages, and even some of the Good Ol Boys where I worked had them, so I'm hearing from them how I should get one...WTF should I get one or even need one. From what I see, it's more like having another job and not getting paid for it.

On the pages I've looked at, there have been all sorts of extremely important information posted such as...picked up groceries... headed to get hair done... just made coffee and sitting here watching it rain... think I will go to mall today cyl... or other important info that everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting for...Yeah right, I need to know how every one's day is going, with minute to minute updates.

 Its really funny to watch a grown man come rushing in to the control room at work to pull up his page and check out whats gone on with his friends...and this is at 6 in the morning...needless to say a bunch of crap was handed out to him/them(it was more than one) for this action. Now how much could have gone on from the time they went to bed until the time they got to work that early in the morning?


And what about those that are addicted to the games such as Farmville...omg! I'm sorry but I just can't see myself worried about some crops getting harvested at 2am in the morning...or whether my imaginary critters get fed, or if they starve.  Sorry, call me heartless, but those poor little sheep can "Baa" all they want, because I don't care if they get their imaginary food or not.  I have seen grownups reduced to begging for supplies, or other things they need to make their farms survive, grow and prosper on the wonderful internet world. It just makes me want to jump right in and help them sow a few seeds...or smack my head in amazement...whichever comes first.

All this leads me to believe that in someway there has to be subliminal messages being run across their monitors, leading them into these actions, and the recruitment of others to join them in supplying the world with all their goings on... how else can this phenomina be explained?  Just like at the movies when you see the concession commercial before the show starts...damned if I don't jump up and go for more popcorn.  At some point I guess I'll jump up, but instead of popcorn, I'll make a page so that I can reveal my minute by minute happenings of my exciting days in retirement...important things such as....leaving the house to go get heartworm medicine for the dogs, and then going to Lowe's to pick up bug killer, then may go play golf...

Wow that was sort of fun...I think I can do this, as a matter of fact I feel the urge to just google up Facebook right now and get started so that all of you can know what its like to be me for a day.... OH and I also have some swamp land for sale real cheap...infact we found oil on it, or rather washed up on it. 

Maybe one day I will take the plunge and make a page...it just won't be today... :)

3 comments:

  1. I know you're going to make a page, and BTW what does "WTF" stand for????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I sheltered you growing up...but think about it really hard...I hope all that education I helped pay for didnt go to waste...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina I'm so glad you ask that question. Be careful Dad. You aren't out at Dow around all those guys you know!

    ReplyDelete