Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Seeing Is Believing...Right?

I was surfing the net this morning and came across an article called..."Your Subconscious Mind Power Is The Universe", so don't ask me why, but I decide to read it, and see if it would help me tap into the power of my mind...I might just find a few things that I lost over the years, and be able to put them to good use now...I mean it's possible, right?

It starts off my stating, "Basically, if you can conceive it in your mind, it can come true".  Oh, OK..well over the years I've conceived many an idea that for some reason didn't quite make it to fruition, so maybe I wasn't trying hard enough, or the vision of my conception was in 3D, and I forgot to put the special glasses on to see it clearly...I'm thinking it could be a number of things, but probably the fact that my mind, and my conceiving are not always on a level playing field. Thus skewing the outcome...hmm, who knows, but I'm going to give it my best shot to figure this subconscious stuff out.

It goes on to state that, "Visualization is one commonly used method of learning to use the power of the subconscious mind to achieve goals".  Well let me tell you that in my testing data, the success rate for this "sucks".   Everytime I play golf, I visualize shots, and I'll be darned if the shot I hit looks anything like the one I planned out in my head...I have thirty five years of topped balls, slices, hooks, missed putts to back me up on this, and I can provide witnesses if needed!  So much for seeing then doing.

I'm beginning to think this subject is maybe for more cerebral types, rather  than this poor ol simple minded guy...I mean trying to harness all this subconscious energy would cause me to...either fall asleep while trying to visualize, or blow a gasket, from all the unleashed thoughts I have stored up...

Conclusion....I think I will just stick to the here and now, and leave the subconscious alone...it's not worth being pissed off about when I see my Drive on the first hole go into the water, after I Visualized it going 300 plus yards down the middle of the fairway.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post. I've read several articles similar to what you described and always wanted it to work, but end up coming away from it dissapointed. I mean really, if someone can bend spoons with their minds, then I can will Ed McMan to show up at my door with the next zillion dollar prize. NEver happened and now Ole' Ed is dead. go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty for the comment...I thought when I started reading that article that I would come away learning how to visualize winning the next loto....Crap, it didn't happen. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim I enjoyed this post. You may also like to read, "The Brain that Changes Itself" my Norman Doidge

    ReplyDelete