Friday, September 10, 2010

"Happy Birthday GG" With Love....Dad

Today is a very special day, for a very special young woman...It's my daughters Birthday.
She is thirty four, and yes she is still "Daddy's little girl"!  If you don't believe me just ask her. I'm sure she would roll her eyes and tell you that her dad is still very protective, and can't seem to quit trying to run her life, even though she is married and has a child of her own....But It's My Job!

Her Christian faith shines through for everyone to see, and is evident in everything she does in her daily life. She talks the talk, and she walks the walk, that most of us, (even her dad), only wish we could.

Gina is "the daughter" every father wishes they had...I'm still trying to figure out how I got so lucky. Good grades, church every Sunday, respectful, loyal friend to others, college graduate, and now mom and wife... She fulfilled most every parents dream of how they want their child to be, but most of all she is a true ambassador for the Lord. She lives her life as a testimony for others to see...not to bring glory, or attention to herself, but to "Give all the Glory to Him", and she passes that on to others that come into her life.

Although not big in stature, she is fearless once she feels that  God is calling her to action...She's traveled to the middle east to follow His calling... although not married at the time, and not knowing anyone, this 5'2 young woman traveled to New York to get the necessary training, join a group of other Christians from all over the country, and set out for six months(one of the worst times in her dad's life) to spread His word in a place where they could possibly be jailed, sent back to the states, or worse if they were perceived to be there on a mission trip, trying to spread His word in a country where the Bible isn't the book of choice! ....This is just one of many stories I could tell about her strength, and willingness to serve, but I don't see the need, nor would she, because in her life it's about Glorifying God, not glorifying her actions, and yes I am a very proud father, and better person because of her.

So today I just want to say "Thank You Lord" for giving me such a fine daughter, and mother of my youngest grandson....I hope your day today is as special as you are Gina...

Love you
Dad

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! My husband's daughter is in her thirties, and she is still his ride and joy, too. Thanks for following me on Blog Frog. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty Judy for the comment...She is a special young woman to all that cross her path in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can vouch for all of this. We were so so blessed on this day 34 yrs. ago. Now we know she's not perfect:) but pretty darn close. I think her Dad has a lot to do with that.

    ReplyDelete